Campaign of the Month: January 2012
Star Trek Late Night
The San’Shyuum, also known as Prophets, are a mammal-like species, who are the leadership caste within the Covenant and one of the more mysterious member races of the organization. Prophets appear to exert complete control over religious and political affairs.
Personality: As the representatives of the gods, the Prophets hold a great amount of power over the other races of the Covenant, earning reverential titles such as ‘Holy One’ and ‘Eminence’. They are protected at all times by the mighty Legions of Elite Honor Guards, and rarely involve themselves in combat, preferring to dedicate themselves to studying Forerunner artifacts. However, important events to the Covenant usually require a high-ranking Prophet, such as a Hierarch, to be present.
Physical Description: San’Shyuum average 2.2m tall when fully erect, however they are almost exclusively found slumped in their gravity thrones. Their bodies are frail, a reflection of their race’s collective decision to follow intellectual and spiritual pursuits almost exclusively. Each Prophet has distinct, often furry, lobes of skin hanging underneath their chin similar to a beard.
Homeworld: Unknown (destroyed), High Charity (destroyed)
Example Names: Mercy, Candor, Pity, Truth, Fortitude
Adventurers: Prophets are not known for an adventurous nature. Finding one outside the Covenant would be an exceptionally rare, if not unique, occurrence.
- Fitness 1(3)
- Strength -1
- Coordination 2(5)
- Intellect 3(6)
- Logic +1
- Presence 3(6)
- Willpower +1
- Psi 0(5)
- Force 0(5)
- Essence 0(5)
- Culture, Covenant 2(3)
- History, Covenant 2(3)
- Persuasion (Oratory) 1(2)
- Theology (Covenant) 2(3)
- World Knowledge, Homeworld 1(2)
- Language: San ‘Shyuum (Fluent/Literate) (+4)
- Language: Covenant Standard (Fluent/Literate) (+4)
- Asset: Throne-Sleds (+2)
- San ‘Shyuum make use of a special hover-chair called a ‘Throne Sled’ to facilitate movement. With the Throne Sled, the San ‘Shyuum may move normally at 6 meters per round. The sled is capable of vertical flight as well, perhaps as high as a few hundred feet (depending on the sled).
- Strong Will (+2)
- Arrognat (-1)
- Coward (-2)
- Poor Movement (-2)
- Without a throne-sled, San ‘Shyuum are limited to a movement rate of 2 meters per round.