Campaign of the Month: January 2012
Star Trek Late Night
In addition to the primary roles outlined elsewhere, droids served in a myriad of other, more specialized functions:
- Administrative droids functioned as secretaries and assistants.
- Construction droids were used for both building projects and for building demolition.
- Espionage droids were used as spies or saboteurs behind enemy lines.
- Nanny droids were used to protect/babysit children. Maintenance droids were used to monitor, clean, and maintain systems.
- Service droids were used as waiters and chefs in public areas.
- Security droids were used to protect houses and property.
- Labor droids were used for menial labor, usually being equipped with only a rudimentary processor.
- Training droids were used for training and honing skills like lightsaber combat.
- Slicer droids were used to slice into computer systems.
- Tracker droids were used as spies and for prey searching.
- Navigation droids were used as guides.
- Housekeeping Specialist droids were used for the upkeep of homes.
- Mining droids were used to conduct mining operations without the need for manual labor.
Would you like to know more?