Campaign of the Month: January 2012
Star Trek Late Night
In 2107 the Catholic Church merged with Tibetan Budhism. The results of this merger was the Orange Catholic Church. The religion is quite popular in the Federation as is has incorporated hundred of other religions from dozens of different species into it’s official dogma.
Much that was called religion has carried an unconscious attitude of hostility toward life. True religion must teach that life is filled with joys pleasing to the eye of God, that knowledge without action is empty. All men must see that the teaching of religion by rules and rote is largely a hoax. The proper teaching is recognized with ease. You can know it without fail because it awakens within you that sensation which tells you this is something you’ve always known.
Though Orange Catholics believe the Jedi Cult to be just that, a cult, they have been assimilating many of the Jedi teachings about the Force.
Below are some excerpts from the Orange Catholic Bible.
- Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind.
- From water does all life begin.
- The gift is the blessing of the giver.
- A time to get and time to lose; a time to keep and a time to cast away; a time for love and a time to hate; a time of war and a time of peace.
- Paradise on my right, Hell on my left and the Angel of Death behind.
- Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.
- Whether a thought is spoken or not it is a real thing and has powers of reality.
- Thou didst divide the sand by thy strength; Thou breakest the heads of the dragons in the desert. Yea, I behold thee as a beast coming up from the dunes; thou hast the horns of the lamb, but thou speakest as the dragon.
- Thou shall not suffer a witch to live.
- Are these the meek who will outwait us all and inherit the universe?
- In the beginning was the word and the word was God.
- And on the seventh day He rested.
- When law and religious duty are one, your selfdom encloses the universe.
- The Universe is God’s. It is one thing, a wholeness against which all separations may be identified. Transient life, even that self-aware and reasoning life which we call sentient, holds only fragile trusteeship on any portion of the wholeness.
- The highest master in the material world is the human mind, and the beasts of the field and the machines of the city must be forever subordinate.
- Blindness can take many forms other than the inability to see. Fanatics are often blinded in their thoughts. Leaders are often blinded in their hearts.
- Only God can make living, sentient creatures.
- You of fearful heart, be strong and fear not. Behold, your God will come with a vengeance; He will come and save you from the worshipers of machine.
- Behold, O Man, you can create life. You can destroy life. But, lo, you have no choice but to experience life. And therein lies both your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.
- Some lies are easier to believe than the truth.
- Greet all those whom you would have as friends, and welcome them with your heart as well as your hand.
- Beware the seeds you sow and the crops you reap. Do not curse God for the punishment you inflict upon yourself.
- Knowledge is pitiless.
- Fate and Hope only rarely speak the same language.
- It is easy to love a friend, hard to love an enemy.
- If you have no faith in your friends, then you have no true friends.
- Understanding is required before success is possible.
Would you like to know more?