Campaign of the Month: January 2012
Star Trek Late Night
Miraluka are remarkably similar to Humans, except for two important and distinctive differences. Miraluka have no eyes, but they have a natural ability to ‘see’ by using the Force. Since they appear Human – including their speech and mannerisms – Miraluka attempt to blend in with Humans when traveling throughout the galaxy. Thus, estimating how often they travel or how many live off their home planet of Alpheridies is difficult, but the number is relatively low. To make matters worse, the Sith Lord Darth Nihilus consumed the colony of Katarr after the Jedi Civil War. Currently, no major centers of Miraluka life exist outside their homeworld and colonies, though individuals might be encountered anywhere in the galaxy.
It is highly unusual for an entire sapient species to be Force-sensitive. Given their connection to the Force, it is common for Miraluka to join the Jedi Order. In fact, several Miraluka become central figures in shaping the Jedi traditions during the Old Republic era. The strength of the Miralukan’s connection to the Force varies by individual. Miraluka who are not powerful enough to become full-fledged Jedi serve the Order in supporting roles. Most live lives similar ro that of a normal Human.
Miraluka and Humans tend not to intermarry, given the unpredictable and often unhappy genetic results. A rare exception is Krynda, daughter of a Miralukan father and Human mother. She was born with both Force Sight and functioning Human eyes.
Personality: Miraluka re a thoughtful, cautious, and deliberative species. They have little interest in personal gain or glory. Some have a strong desire to follow their own path, because of their connection to the Force. They remain committed once a course of action is selected.
Physical Description: Miraluka are similar to Humans. They cover their featureless eye sockets with cloth or visors, especially when traveling.
Homeworld: The terrestrial world of Alpheridies in the Abron system, in the Expansion Region
Language: Miralukans speak Miralukese and Basic
Example Names: Damaya Guru, Embrul Joff, Jerec, Q’Anilia, Shoaneb Culu, Visas Marr, Zebron Tadro
Adventurers: Miralukan adventurers are almost always Force-sensitive. They can be of any class, but are often Jedi.
- Fitness 2(5)
- Coordination 2(5)
- Reaction -1
- Intellect 2(5)
- Logic +1
- Presence 2(5)
- Psi 0(5)
- Force 1(5)
- Essence 0(5)
- Culture: Miralukan 2(3)
- History: Miralukan 1(2)
- World Knowledge: Alpheridies or Katarr 1(2)
- Artistic Expression: Any 1(2)
- Empathy 1
- Sense Force 2
- Language: Miralukese (Fluent/R/W) [+4]
- Language: Galactic Basic (Fluent/R/W) [+4]
- Force Sight [+3]
- Miraluka are blind to all wavelengths of light. However, their ability to see through the Force allows them to sense their surroundings as though they could see normally, allowing them to attack and make skill tests without suffering penalties for blindness. Miraluka cannot, however, detect creatures that are ‘invisible’ to the Force such as the Yuuzhan Vong and the ysalamiri. These creatures have total concealment from Miraluka, as do creatures in areas that dampen or suppress the Force.
- Physical Impairment: Blind [-3]