Campaign of the Month: January 2012
Star Trek Late Night
The Kalish are a Sebaceanoid species, roughly the same proportion body-wise as Humans and Sebaceans, with orange hair and pale skin that is mottled in places in a repeating diamond pattern.
Background: The Kalish body is highly efficient – indeed, the average member of the species only needs to eat ten times per cycle. These are food binges in which the Kalish will consume more than a Hynerian; the feasts are followed by a digestion period of increased body temperature. Kalish also have the ability to ‘shift their gravity centers’, allowing them to walk on walls and ceilings. Their relatively small and light veins and other internal body parts are somehow related to this ability.
Kalish cannot tolerate translator microbes and must learn the language of each new species they encounter. If severed, their limbs can be reattached without surgery. Kalish are especially susceptible to radiation; short exposure will destroy three of their internal organs.
- Strength -1
- Coordination 2(5)
- Logic +1
- Presence 2(5)
- Psi 0(5)
- Force 0(5)
- Essence 0(5)
- Culture: Kalish 2(3)
- History: Kalish 1(2)
- World Knowledge: Kalish Homeworld 1(2)
- Engineering, Any 1(2)
- Science, Any 2(3)
- Language: Kalish (Fluent/R/W) (+4)
- Efficient Metabolism (+1)
- Kalish ignore starvation for up to two months at a time.
- Genetically Enhanced: Gravitic Attunement (+4)
- Genetically Enhanced: Limb Regrowth (+3)
- Kalish can reattach lost limbs and restore them to full functionality. The limb must be bound back against the severed stump until it heals (meaning that the limb must be intact). Healing rate still takes place as normal, but severed limbs will be fully functional at the end of that time. This ability does not apply to decapitation.
- Medical Problem: Translator Microbe Rejection (-1)
It must be noted that most of the preceding information about Kalish physiology has been garnered from observation of one member of the species who was actually genetically engineered. It is not known which characteristics apply to the entire species and which were engineered into the subject. For example, other Kalish have not shown any difficulty in understanding English on their first exposure to it and thus may be able to use translator microbes.
Thus far, little is known about the Kalish society. However, it is known that the Kalish are highly intelligent and are especially adept in science, technology and organization.