Campaign of the Month: January 2012
Star Trek Late Night
Ithorians are tall humanoids whose appearance leads many to refer to them colloquially as ‘Hammerheads’. Peaceful and gentle, Ithorians are widely recognized as talented artists, brilliant agricultural engineers, and skilled diplomats.
Ithorians are perhaps the greatest ecologists in the galaxy, devoting their technology to preserving the natural beauty of their homeworld’s jungles. They live in ‘herds’, dwelling in cities that hover above the surface of their planet and striving to maintain the ecological balance in the ‘Mother Jungle’. Ithorians also travel the galaxy in massive ‘herd ships’, masterpieces of environmental engineering that carry a perfect replica of their native jungle. Many look forward to trading for the exotic wares the Ithorians bring from distant planets.
Personality: Ithorians tend to be calm, peaceful, tranquil, and gentle.
Physical Description: Ithorians are humanoid, ranging in height from 1.8 to 2.3 meters tall, with long necks that curl forward and end in dome-shaped heads. They have two mouths, one on each side of their neck, producing a stereo effect when they talk.
Homeworld: Ithor, or a specific herd ship
Language: Ithorians speak stereophonic Ithorese and Basic
Example Names: Fandomar, Momaw, Oraltor, Tomla, Trangle, Umwaw
Adventurers: Ithorians tend to concentrate on peaceful professions. They love to meet new beings and see new places. Often, wanderlust leads them to explore the greater galaxy for a time before they eventually return home.
- Fitness 2(5)
- Coordination 2(5)
- Intellect 2(5)
- Presence 2(6)
- Empathy +1
- Psi 0(5)
- Force 0(5)
- Essence 0(5)
- Culture: Ithorian 2(3)
- History: Ithorian 1(2)
- Choose One of:
- Area Knowledge: Specific Herd Ship 1(2)
- World Knowledge: Ithor 1(2)
- Artistic Expression: Any 1(2)
- Planetary Survival 1(2)
- Science: Life 2(3)
- Language: Ithorese (Fluent/R/W) (+4)
- Language: Galactic Basic (Accented/R/W) (+3)
- Bellow (+3)
- As an attack action, an Ithorian can open all four of its throats and emit a terrible subsonic bellow. The Ithorian spends a Courage Point and deals his Fitness dice + Vitality in damage to all creatures and objects in a 10-meter-long 60-degree cone in front of the character. Damage is reduced by Resistance as normal. For each die of damage [ignoring the Ithorian’s Resistance] the Ithorian is willing to suffer, he can deal an extra die of damage to his Bellow, up to a number of extra dice of damage equal to his Presence. This is a STUN attack.