Campaign of the Month: January 2012
Star Trek Late Night
A race with great psionic potential, the Etaram are slender, graceful humanoids with an average height similar to human averages, but with less variation. Their coloring tends to be pale, except for the palms of their hands, feet, and their eyelids, which tend to be naturally pigmented with colors ranging throughout the purple-red-orange spectrum. Though somewhat frailer of body than humans, their psionic grasp on the world around them more than makes up for their ‘softer’ nature.
- Fitness 1(4)
- Vitality +1
- Coordination 2(5)
- Dexterity +1
- Intellect 2(5)
- Presence 2(5)
- Psi 2(5)
- Focus +1
- Force 0(5)
- Essence 0(5)
- Culture: Etaram 2(3)
- History: Etaram 1(2)
- World Knowledge: Etara 1(2)
- Science: Any 1(2)
- Telekinesis 2
- Etaram telekinetic abilities are a gift of the race, and tend to grow with the individual. Usually, after reaching the third level of accomplishment with the skill, most Etaram also develop the Telekinetic Manipulation skill as well.
- Language: Etaram (Fluent/R/W) (+4)
- Telekinetic Multi-Tasking (+1)
- Etaram ‘Telekinetic Multi-Tasking’ is a very specific sort: they can engage in an additional Intellect action per round with no penalties, as normal, but only when the original act is a telekinetic one. Hence the lowered cost for the advantage.
- Slow Healing (-2)
Etaram took a very long time to develop warp drive. As a society, although they were quite scientifically bent, they had a lack of tool development throughout their history. In a society where the mind is capable of lifting and moving things, this is perhaps not surprising. As time went by, however, and upward limits were reached with telekinetic abilities, some of the future-minded Etaram began to develop tools, and eventually, space travel.
Etaram has a history burdened by many conflicts. While all Etaram are telekinetic, skill and power with the psionic ability varies, and more than one dark chapter of Etaram history was written by the psionically strong overpowering the weak. While most of this history is just that – history – there are still those who feel wronged by the various clans or countries in Etaram’s past.
The Etaram senate has been slow to formally ally with any particular race. They are somewhat removed from the immediate areas of most galactic powers, and tend to be isolationist in governmental policy. They simply don’t trust the larger, stronger, species that make up the vast majority of the alpha and beta quadrants. That said, they do have good relations with both Ferengi traders and the Federation Merchant Marines.