Campaign of the Month: January 2012
Star Trek Late Night
Delvians are a race of bipedal humanoids, though they share few qualities with other species besides an outward similarity. Delvians are a plant-based race, evolving from flora rather than animals. They range from 1.6 to 2.3 meters in height and from 40 to 125 kilograms. Their skin is blue and almost always bears patterns of blue and grey, though the formation and coloring differ from individual to individual. Most Delvians have no body hair, though some have white or silvery hair on their heads. Their normal eye colors include silver, grey, and blue.
Background: A highly developed species of flora, Delvians are typically very curious, and view life as a constant journey toward greater knowledge. This desire to expand their knowledge includes not only the physical, but the metaphysical as well. Though normally a peaceful people, some Delvians have trained in military service with allied worlds. Many follow the tenets of a Delvian religion called the Seek, which encourages self-exploration and control. The disciplines of this religion have expanded the consciousness of their race to the degree that Delvians are uniquely gifted as mystics and priests. However, Delvians pursuing the Seek can become susceptible to great anger and rage. As the Seek grants great power, so does it demand great self-control.
Personality: Delvians speak quietly, but with much authority, and most have working knowledge of a variety of subjects. They are peaceful, but willing to take necessary steps to defend themselves or ideals they believe in. they have a strong sense of right and wrong, often serving as crusaders for just or noble causes. Though highly intellectual and possessing well-developed emotions, a Delvian can be fooled or tempted as most other species, especially if it involves something important to him or her.
- Vitality -1
- Dexterity +1
- Perception +1
- Empathy +1
- *Psi) 0(5)
- Focus +1
- Essence 0(5)
- Culture: Delvian 2(3)
- History: Delvian 1(2)
- World Knowledge: Delvia 1(2)
- Artistic Expression: Any 1(2)
- Esoteric Medicine 2(3)
- Force Trance 1
- Language: Delvian (Fluent/R/W) (+4)
- Faith: Delvian Seek (+1)
- Immunity: All non-systemic poisons (+5)
- Regrowth (+2)
- Being plants, Delvians have greater regenerative powers than most animal-evolved species. For instance, Delvians do not have bones; instead, they have structural fibers which can be broken and which will regrow. Given enough time and the proper nutrients, Delvians can recover from most wounds without noticeable scars.
- Temperature Resistance (+1)
- Delvians are unusually resistant to variations in temperature. They are equally comfortable in extreme cold or extreme heat (within reason). Delvians suffer no penalties for temperatures between -10 degrees Celsius to +55 degrees Celsius (approx. -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 150 degrees Fahrenheit) even if no special protective gear is worn.
- Pacifism: Self-Defense (-3)
- Photogasmic Distraction (-2)
- Delvians have intense pleasurable reactions to bright solar light. They must make a Moderate (7) to Difficult (13) Presence Test, modified by Willpower to overcome the distraction and be able to perform any tasks. The Difficulty is determined by the intensity of the light (Narrator’s discretion). Failure indicates that the Delvian will just lie in the sun and bask.
- Photosynthesis (-1)
- The blue coloring in Delvians is actually chloroplasts, which are responsible for photosynthesis. Food consumed by a Delvian is not directly transformed into energy for the body. Rather, it serves as a nutrient base by which photosynthesis can occur. Thus, Delvians need light (even artificial light will do in most cases) in order to digest food and make energy. A Delvian who is deprived of light for more than a few days (2 or 3) will begin to grow ill and show signs of starvation.
- Predator Defense System (-2)
- When Delvians suffer starvation for extended periods (greater than 3 solar days), their bodies will begin to revert to an instinctive, defense reaction. The Delvian will first grow weak and weary (-2 dice to all actions). The Delvian will require real animal meat (not synthetic proteins or vegetable matter) in order to recover his strength; otherwise the state will worsen. Within another solar day, the Delvian will begin to ‘bud’ flower-like stalks from its body. The flowers will begin to release spores that will weaken any nearby animal. As the Delvian sprouts more spores, it will slip into an uncontrollable madness. Symptoms include acute paranoia, rage and violence. When the animal, sentient or otherwise, is sufficiently weakened, the Delvian will attack and consume it. The Delvian must make a Difficult (13) Presence + Willpower Test to resist eating the animal (whether it’s a friend or not). Once the Delvian eats meat, he will begin to return to normal (reduce any penalties incurred by 1 die for each big ‘helping’ of meat eaten).
- Philosophy (Delvian Seek) 1(2)
- Theology (Delvian Seek) 1(2)
- Choose any Force skill 1(2)
- Choose One of:
- Force: Focus +1
- Force: Range +1