Campaign of the Month: January 2012
Star Trek Late Night
Once the drug-dealers in a symbiotic relationship with the Onarans, Brekkans had a harsh reality to face after the interaction of their peoples with the USS Enterprise-D left them stranded on their own worlds. Brekkans, a somewhat hedonistic race who had allowed the Onarans to be the worker class of their star system for decades, found themselves scrambling to figure out how to do anything other then refine their previous ‘Felicium’ – the drug they’d used to enslave the Onarans.
The Brekkans got an even harsher wake-up call when the Onarans lived through their withdrawal symptoms, and found that, clear-headed, it didn’t take them long to re-establish their space-capabilities. The Brekkans were invaded by the Onarans, and quickly became a subjugated race that is being forced to make reparations to the Onaran culture.
- Fitness 2(5)
- Vitality +1
- Coordination 2(5)
- Intellect 2(5)
- Perception +1
- Presence 2(5)
- Psi 0(5)
- Force 0(5)
- Essence 0(5)
- Culture: Brekkan 2(3)
- History: Brekkan 1(2)
- World Knowledge: Brekka 1(2)
- Artistic Expression: Any 1(2)
- Charm (Influence) 1(2)
- Persuasion (Oratory) 1(2)
- Language: Brekkan (Fluent/R/W) (+4)
- Energy Manipulation (+4)
- Brekkans (and, in fact, Onarans) can affect electrical energy with their touch, producing a charge from their bodies that they use in grappling and attack. Their ability grants them extra resistance to energy based attacks (including that of phasers): +1 Resistance vs. energy attacks per 2 points of regular resistance, and also grants them a general resistance to low-level energy and radiation. As an attack, the Brekkan needs to make a successful hand-to-hand attack as per usual, upon which they can choose to use electrical based damage instead of physical damage: 1+1d6 per point of Resistance of the Brekkan (thus, a Brekkan with Fitness 3 and Vitality +2 could manage to deal 5+5d6 points of damage with this ability on a successful strike). This total is, however, lowered by 1+1d6 per wound level the Brekkan is currently experiencing, reflecting the bodily difficulty of channeling such energy attacks while hurt. This ability was born of their system’s naturally high levels of radiation.
- Species Enemy: Onarans (-3)
- Likely also Vengeful: Federation (-2); balance this off with two points worth of advantages.
As time goes on, the Brekkans are likely to see their skill selections changing – they are being forced to work for the first time, with less time for their artistic and semi-hedonistic pursuits, and as such, they’re going to be subject to change. As a people, they are now being punished, and there is likely starvation, ruin, and all the other horrors of the economic collapse, and later invasion of Brekka.
It is worthy of note that as people learn of the Brekkan and Onaran struggles, outsiders may become involved. Indeed, the Orion Syndicate would love to get its hands on a group of Brekkans willing to use their electric attacks at their behest. Most Brekkans have a growing hatred of the Federation, who left them in this situation.