Campaign of the Month: January 2012
Star Trek Late Night
Almost every culture in the galaxy has a legend about immortal creatures that lurk in the shadows, existing only to feed upon the unwary. And in most cases, the Anzati are the monsters of those legends. They have roamed the galaxy for eons, cunning predators hidden amid the crowd, capable of invisibly and efficiently tracking, killing, and feeding on their prey, taking nourishment from their victims’ life energy contained within the gelid substance they call soup. Despite their long life span, few Anzati are expert scholars, and although they indulge in different pastimes throughout their lives, Anzati rarely pursue skills that do not directly relate to the hunt.
Personality: For Anzati, the hunt for soup is their primary goal, and they pursue it with the devotion of an addict craving the next fix. The common belief is that Anzati view all others as mere livestock, but only the most decadent Anzati subscribe to this view. However, Anzati do enjoy the perverse joke that forming friendships with other species is akin to playing with their food.
Physical Description: Although their appearance is similar to that of Humans, the Anzati are an unusual species, and are most noted for their lack of a readily detectible pulse and for their low body temperature. An Anzat’s other distinguishing physical trait is a pair of cheek pouches, each of which conceals a proboscis that extends for feeding.
Homeworld: Anzati are native to Anzat, a mountainous world located in the Mid Rim. The planet’s sky is covered in an omnipresent aurora that has deep religious significance for the Anzati.
Languages: Anzati speak Anzat, an ancient language known only to them.
Example Names: Akku Seii, Dannik Jerriko, Nikkos Tyris, Rath Kelkko, Salje Tasha, Volfe Karkko
Adventurers: Due to their predatory nature, Anzati find themselves drawn to the professions of assassin and bounty hunter, which better enable them to hunt for nourishment. It is the rare Anzat that does not shun the morality of the Jedi Knights, although Force adepts are not uncommon among the Anzati.
- Fitness 2(5)
- Coordination 2(5)
- Intellect 2(5)
- Presence 2(5)
- Psi 0(5)
- Force 0(5)
- Essence 0(5)
- Culture [Anzati] 2(3)
- History [Anzati] 1(2)
- World Knowledge [Anzat] 1(2)
- Planetside Survival 1(2)
- Stealth 1(2)
- Language: Anzat [Fluent/R/W] [+4]
- Language: Basic [Fluent/R/W] [+4]
- Presence Sense [+2]
- The Anzati’s acute senses enable them to sense a person’s ‘Luck’. When making a Tracking check to track a living creature, an Anzat gains a bonus number of dice equal to the quarry’s Force or Essence Attribute level.
- Mesmerize [+3]
- As an attack, an Anzat can make a special attack against a single target within 6 meters of the Anzat. The attack is an opposed roll of the Anzat’s Presence [Empathy] versus the target’s Presence [Willpower]. If the attack is successful, the target is treated as per the Induce Trance psionic skill.
- Night Vision [+2]
- Soup Drinking [+3]
- Once a target has been grappled and/or mesmerized, an Anzat can use its proboscis to drain energy from him or her. The target loses one level of Fitness, Force, and Essence each round until the target escapes the grapple. Once the target’s Fitness reaches zero, each round the Anzat continues will cause Health Level of damage to the target.